What is the blockchain? What is Bitcoin and why is there so much interest in it? STC has partnered with Cubits, Strongkeep, iPro Solutions and EMD; pioneering companies in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry to deliver this course and answer these questions. In these sessions, the fundamentals of Bitcoin and Blockchain will be investigated and these questions and many others are answered.
Students will obtain an in-depth understanding of Blockchain technologies and the concept of the distributed ledger as compared with the current database systems. They will Master details within cryptography and the different cryptocurrencies available (with a particular focus on Bitcoin) and the way they operate within the ecosystem that supports such technologies.
Delivery MethodLectures, hands on practice & workshops
- Introduction to the new technologies
- The Blockchain
- Cryptography (I)
- Cryptography (II)
- Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin
- Smart Contracts
- Blockchain in different industries
- Legal framework, Future of the Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
- Proficient with the terminology used in both the Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Be able to understand scenarios and implement appropriate design considerations with regards to distributed systems implementation
- Use smart contracts in terms of their design and communication between the different entities
- Obtain a good understanding of cryptography and the different protocols and technologies used within this science
- Understand cryptocurrencies (in particular but not exclusive to Bitcoin) and the processes involved within mining and trading.
- Make use of different interfaces to interact with cryptocurrencies
- Ability to make proper use of wallets and hardware wallets