The Cisco IT Essentials course covers the fundamentals of computer hardware and software and advanced concepts such as security, networking, and the responsibilities of an IT professional. It is designed for students who want to pursue careers in ICT and students who want to gain practical knowledge of how a computer works.
Hands-on lab activities are essential elements that are integrated into the curriculum. The Virtual Laptop and Virtual desktop are standalone tools that enable students to virtually disassemble and reassemble desktop and laptop computers.
Age Group: Teens aged 16+
Assessment MethodExaminations and Assignments
Delivery MethodLectures & hands on practice.
Good knowledge of English
- Introduction to the personal computer
- Lab procedure and tool Use
- Computer Assembly
- Preventive Maintenance and troubleshooting
- Installation, Configuration of Operating Systems
- Network Setup and Configuration
- Understanding Laptops and Mobile Devices
- Maintaining Security Considerations
- The IT Professional
- Advanced Troubleshooting
NCC Education Diploma in Computing Level 3