FT Only 8 places left!
Provides thorough training in practical techniques for the design and development of database systems and also develops a sound understanding of the underpinning theory. The Module will be heavily based on SQL which is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system.
Upon completion of this module (equivalent to 7.5 ECTS credits), you will receive a certificate from NCC Education in the UK. Following this course, you are also able to complete your diploma in Computing (MQF Level 5). The whole diploma consists of 8 modules these are:
Skills for Computing, Computer Systems, Computer networks, Designing & Developing Websites, Software Development Techniques, Designing & Developing Object-oriented Computer Programs, Databases and Office solutions Development.
- Holders of 4 O Levels Maths and English (Compulsory) and/or an ‘A’ level or an appropriate School Leaver’s
- Mature students, do not have to meet the necessary entry requirements and may be accepted upon their own merits.
For candidates whose first language is not English:
- IELTS 5.5 or
- GCE ‘O’ Level English C6
- Introduction to the Module and Databases Fundamentals
- Databases and Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- Entity-Relationship (ER) Modelling 1
- Entity-Relationship (ER) Modelling 2
- The relational Model
- Database Design
- Supporting Transactions
- Database Implementation
- 1. Understand the concepts associated with database systems
- 2. Understand the concepts associated with the relational model
- 3. Understand how to design and develop a database system
- 4. Be able to develop a logical database design
- 5. Be able to develop a database system using SQL