This Module covers introduces the basic concepts and practical skills in website design by providing a detailed understanding of mark-up languages, style sheets, design techniques and testing using HTML and CSS Languages.
- The entry requirement for the diploma is at least 4 O’ Levels including Mathematics, English, and any other four subjects, and an A Level or intermediate.
- Mature students over the age of 21, are considered on an individual basis and do not necessarily have to meet the above requirements.
- Introduction to the Module
- Introduction to (X)HTML
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Integrating Media
- HTML Tables
- HTML Forms
- Page Layout with CSS
- Introduction to Web Design
- Navigation and Interface Design
- Evaluation and Testing
- Design a website to address loosely-defined requirements
- Use web development tools to build (X)HTML- and CSS- based websites to address well-defined specifications
- Understand the technology and tools needed to use multimedia in the context of a website
- Develop test strategies and apply these to a website
- Understand the need for Web standards
- Understand the concepts associated with using the Internet and the World Wide Web for business