The International MBA is a qualification developed to provide pre-experience applicants with a postgraduate general business award. This award will develop your knowledge of key business functions and their relationship with the wider strategic and international environment. You will also expand your knowledge and understanding of the current changes and modern practices in business. By the end of the programme you will have enhanced your knowledge and understanding of Business and Management concepts and principles, theoretical frameworks and applied analysis through a range of learning experiences. You will also develop key skills in formulating and managing basic research, problem solving and organising and managing projects.
An Undergraduate Honours Degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above;
· A reference from a tutor who has supervised the applicant’s undergraduate studies and/or employer;
· Applications are also welcome from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who have significant management experience and are able to
Demonstrate previous non-certificated learning equivalent to the above. In such cases, admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of the applicant’s ability to continue to benefit from and achieve the award.
English Certification (TBC)
· Wolverhampton English Proficiency Exam – 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any component
· International English Language Testing System (IELTS)– 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any component
· Test of English as a Foreign Language) TOEFL– 79 overall with no less than 19 in all four skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
· IGCSE English as a First Language (Cambridge) – Grade C with minimum B2 in all components. Supplementary Certifying Statement showing CEFR breakdown must be provided by candidates
· International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (post 2011) (Standard level) -Pass, grade 5 for English at Standard Level in Language B (English) and Language A (Literature)
· International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (post 2011) (Higher Level) -Pass, grade 4 for English at Higher Level in Language B (English)
- Financial Decision Making
- Contemporary Issues in Human Resources
- Strategic Global Marketing
- Strategic Operations Management
- The Masters Research Project
- Critically analyse the use of key functional areas of Marketing, HR, Finance and Operations Management.
- Analyse strategic perspectives regionally, nationally and internationally at organisation and sector levels.
- Critically evaluate the relationship between the organisation and its environment in relation to the nature of organisational change.
- Critically analyse contemporary issues, challenges and problems relating to business and management that impact upon business and management at functional, strategic and sector levels.
- Evaluate the role and contribution of integrative strategic and leadership approaches
- Synthesise relevant critical thinking through academic research, completing an independent research project at master’s level.