*Part Time course duration: 6 Months
Why choose this course?
This course provides you with the knowledge and understanding of the activities required to manage a business, and to ensure that it prospers, in a dynamic global business environment. The course emphasises the role of marketing in underpinning the success of business organisations, while placing this role in the context of other business functions such as finance and Human Resource Management. The course will also help you understand the various types of environment within which a business operates. This will involve investigating issues such as the types of competition that a business will face from their rivals, being aware of the role of stakeholders in the operation of a business and considering how changes in society may impact on the market for a product. The content of the course will be delivered using a wide range of approaches and you will be encouraged to use e-learning forums to interact with staff and other students.
You will have the opportunity to advance your ICT skills through the use of application software and digital technologies. The diversity of topic areas covered in the study programme will allow you to develop your own understanding of collective responsibilities as global citizens within local, national, and international communities.
You will have the opportunity to pursue a one-year work placement in employment, either in the UK or abroad. Opportunities are available to graduates to add value to their skills by studying the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing qualifications or choose to study at Master’s level such as our MSc Marketing course.
In addition students who complete this BA (Hons) will have gained sufficient credits to progress on to the CIM Level 7 Chartered Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing.
What Skills will you gain?
At the end of this course you, the student, will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the application of concepts and principles of marketing and business to a wide range of business organisations and situations.
- Interpret the interaction of business organisations with the changing external environment in which they operate.
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate marketing plans, models, relationships, tasks, and roles within complex and dynamic domestic and global business environments.
- Critically analyse marketing and business information from a range of national and international sources.
- Debate the ethical and moral dimensions of marketing management and business practices.