NCC Education International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies is a one-year, pre-university qualification (60 ECTS credits). This qualification is ideal for school leavers who wish to further their studies in higher education. It is equivalent to a Diploma (MQF Level 4) and guarantees students with direct entry into the degree pathway at STC Higher Education. Students here will gain skills in English, Mathematics, Business and Computing subjects together with Study and Communication techniques.
This Foundation Diploma is:
- A valuable university preparation qualification which allows candidates to demonstrate their English language skills (both general and academic) together with key transferable study skills, cultural knowledge, and mathematical understanding, as well as an understanding of the essential concepts of business and economics (Business electives) or computer programming (Computing electives).
- Regulated by Ofqual under the Regulated Qualifications Framework and is quality-assured and well-established in the UK and worldwide.
- Recognised and valued by many universities, both in the UK and in other countries.
- A direct entry to NCC Education Diploma in Business or Computing which leads to one of our degree pathways with the University of Wolverhampton.
- A pathway to greater employment opportunities.
Assessment MethodExaminations and Assignments
Delivery MethodFace to Face Lectures
Students must have successfully completed secondary school education in an appropriate range of subjects;
- Have the required minimum result in the NCC Education Standard English Placement Test.
- Have a valid score of 4.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent.
- Developing English Language Skills
- Advanced English Language Skills
- English For Academic Purposes
- Study and Communication Skills
- Culture Studies
- Foundation Mathematics
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to accounts and Economics
High quality undergraduate education is of central importance to a number of objectives: an ever more highly skilled workforce and the development of new fields of study and specialisation. It is a key to Malta’s economic and social progress, and is essential to many people’s continuing professional development.
The Maltese Government believes that students may find valid learning pathways in degree courses / programmes that are provided, either through foreign higher education institutions or through recognised private higher education institutions in Malta.
The Malta Government Undergraduate Scheme 2015 aims at providing more opportunities to further the choice of undergraduate degrees/qualifications up to MQF Level 6 and including Bachelor Degrees and vocational qualifications, classified as Level 6 or equivalent under the Malta Qualification Framework (MQF).
Through this scheme Government is extending the financial support available to undergraduate students at the University of Malta and MCAST, to other Maltese students undertaking equivalent studies, at other institutions, leading to officially recognised local and foreign MQF Level 6 qualification.
This course is funded
Quality education costs money and that is why we spend time giving information and guiding students and organisations about the various scholarship schemes which they can benefit from. The Get Qualified scheme is for Full Timers and Part timers.
Recover up to 70% of money spent on this course
Contact Our Team For assistance. We are here to help you with all the paperwork required.
Students who successfully complete this qualification gain entry to the first step within the degree pathway, the Diploma in Computing Year 1. Candidates must pass all core Units and two elective Units to be awarded the Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies certificate.