FT Only 8 places left!
This module explores the dynamic role of Human Resource Management policies and practices in contemporary organisations and their contribution to the goals of those organisations and their contribution to the goals of those organisations. It defines and critically examines the major philosophies, policies and practices related to the management of the human resource.
- Holders of 4 O Levels Maths and English (Compulsory) and/or an ‘A’ level or an appropriate School Leaver’s
- Mature students, able to demonstrate over two years’ relevant work experience and have an ‘O’ Level/GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
For candidates whose first language is not English:
- IELTS 5.5 or
- GCE ‘O’ Level English C6
- The Nature and context of Human Resource Management
- HRM and the Law
- Recruitment and designing Selection
- Employee reward and Retention
- Performance Management
- Learning and Development
- Managing the Employment Relationship
- Managing Equality and Diversity
- HRM and Globalisation
- Measuring HRM
- Trends and Future Challenges in HRM
- Strategic HRM
- Understand the importance of HRM in optimising the performance and commitment of an organisations employees
- Understand the role of effective and efficient resourcing of people in securing a workforce to contribute to organisational goals
- Understand the general theory and practice related to a range of HRM practices and processes
- Understand the context and significance of key developments in the HRM arena
Diploma in Business Year 1