Why choose this course?
This course is designed for students wishing to embark on a professional career in business and management. It will help you develop analysis and evaluation skills which can be applied to real-world situations. You will develop your knowledge and understanding of the various functional areas of business, including management, marketing, human resources, finance and operations management within a global context. You will also be equipped with the skills required to be successful in business, such as entrepreneurship, digital literacy, collaborative working and communication skills.
Having completed this course, you will be able to effectively apply a range of management and business theories and practices in an entrepreneurial and innovative manner.
All students have the opportunity to take an optional placement year which provides valuable workplace experience and significantly improves your employability on graduation. In addition, during your studies you will have the opportunity to meet with business practitioners through guest lectures and other special events.
The course offers you the option of specialising in your final year by opting for a bracketed award in Human Resources or Marketing.
This degree can also be used as the basis for postgraduate study in more specialist areas.
*Part Time course duration: 6 Years
What Skills will you gain?
At the end of this course, you, will be able to:
- Develop and apply research, writing, numerical, digital and peronal skills within a business context.
- Develop skills of independent learning, analysis, synthesis and critical thinking through the application of business and management concepts, principles and the related underpinning theories appropriate to a wide range of business organisations and situations.
- Apply relevant transferable skills to a career in business and management, for example, managing projects, communication, working in teams, research and being able to critically reflect on the effectiveness of your own skills and knowledge.
- Examine contemporary and strategic issues through the application of relevant concepts, models and theories.
- Evaluate and demonstrate an informed understanding of the ethical responsibilities contributing to your professional values and role in an organisation and wider society – in the 21st century.
- Critically appraise relevant knowledge and understanding of organisations, the external environment in which they operate and management theory when assessing and solving problems in different business scenarios.