FT Only 4 places left!
This course covers introduces the basic concepts and practical skills in website design by providing a detailed understanding of mark-up languages, style sheets, design techniques and testing using HTML and CSS Languages.
The main aspects of this course are:
Prototyping – Making use of mockups to build a prototype of a website that serves as the starting point in modern web design.
HTML – defining the markup required to convert the prototype designed earlier on into an appropriate HTML5 document together with all the elements required within modern web design.
CSS – Effectively implementing stylesheets and incorporating aesthetic elements within the HTML document rendering it relevant with modern web standards, aligned with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommendations.
Photoshop – Learn Photoshop and how to make use of its most popular features including advanced selection techniques, layering and masking to obtain interesting visual effects helpful in graphical compositions.
Age from 14-17 years old
- Design a website to address loosely-defined requirements
- Use web development tools to build (X)HTML- and CSS- based websites to address well-defined specifications
- Understand the technology and tools needed to use multimedia in the context of a website
- Develop test strategies and apply these to a website
- Understand the need for Web standards
- Understand the concepts associated with using the Internet and the World Wide Web for business